Recipes Brunswick Stew
Jim’s Own Brunswick Stew
• 2 quarts water
• 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, cut up
• 1 pack meatballs (28 count) or ground beef or pork
• 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
• 1 large yellow onion, diced
• 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
• ½ cup Jim’s Own Sauce Mild
Bring water and chicken to a boil in a Dutch oven. Reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender. Remove chicken, and set aside. Reserve 3 cups broth in Dutch oven. Add tomatoes to Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 40 minutes or until liquid is reduced by 1/3.
Remove skin, debone and shred chicken. Add chicken, meatballs and onions to Dutch oven. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for 3 hours and 30 minutes. Stir in corn and Jim’s Own Sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring often, for 1 additional hour.