Recipe Beef stew
Hearty Beef Stew
- 2 ½ pounds stewing beef and
- 2-3 quarts water or beef broth for boiling
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Jim’s Own BBQ Sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Celery salt
- Cooked rice, as accompaniment
In a large pot, place the beef and enough water/beef broth to cover the beef and bring to a boil. Cook beef until meat is thoroughly cooked through, approximately 1 hour. Allow the beef to cool in the broth. Drain the beef and reserve 2 cups of stock. Chop or shred beef.
In a separate pot, mix the shredded beef and remaining ingredients. Simmer slowly for 30 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking. Add a little bit of the reserved stock if the stew becomes too thick. Serve stew over steamed rice.