Jim’s Own Chorizo, Potato and Thyme Quesadillas
Quesadillas, stuffed with melted cheese and anything else you fancy, are good at any time of the day. Hand some tortillas around and let everyone fill their own.
Enough for 4 large quesadillas
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 350g potatoes
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 200g chorizo cooking sausage, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Jim’s Own Sauce Mild
- Small bunch of thyme, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 large flour or corn tortillas
- 400g cheese, grated (a mix of extra mature English cheddar and a little grated mozzarella makes the perfect cheese mix, with a good flavor and the right gooey-ness)
- Olive oil
Cut the potatoes in equal-size chunks and fry until tender. Leave them to cool a little and then cut them into 1/2 inch pieces. Cook the onion until soft, add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes. Mix in the chorizo and potato, turn up the heat and fry for another 5 minutes. Mix in the thyme and Jim’s Own Sauce Mild. Assemble all the rest of the quesadilla ingredients.
Spread a quarter of the chorizo mixture on one half of a tortilla and sprinkle with a fistful of cheese. Fold the tortilla over so that you have a half moon. Brush it with a little olive oil (so the tortilla doesn’t stick to the pan) and place in a hot, dry frying pan or griddle and cook until golden and crisp. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite table salsa.