Jim’s Own Ginger Fish Kabobs
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup Jim’s Own Sauce Mild or Hot
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (50% less sodium)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 pounds raw firm fish, such as salmon, tuna or halibut, cut in chunks
- 4 cups fresh pineapple in large chunks (or substitute canned pineapple chunks)
- 1 large red onion, cut in wedges
- In a small saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in pineapple juice. Add Jim’s Own Sauce, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Let cool. Add fish and pineapple to sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Thread fish, pineapple and onion on skewers. Place on a hot grill (or under a broiler) until fish is done to your liking.
- Serve with rice. Heat marinade and use as a sauce over fish and rice.